Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional global team to develop tools that accelerate the development, testing, and deployment of cutting-edge trading applications used in our production trading environments. You would be coming in at the ground floor of the development process absent of previous technical debt, playing a major role in critical decisions related to all DevOp related tasks such as hardware selection, VPN/RDP setup, environment creation, and segregation (development and prod environments), application monitoring and alerting, network file-sharing, system performance optimization, exchange connectivity, CI pipeline, etc.
The Senior DevOps Engineer would have the opportunity to work in a greenfield environment, collaborating directly with all members across the trading desk. The right candidate is passionate about automation and able to solve difficult technical problems with scalable and maintainable solutions in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Experience in database administration and permissioning;
- Experience with Python or bash scripting;
- Experience with package management solutions;
- Experience moving from a distributed environment to a more professional infrastructure with remote development environments in place;
- Strong proficiency with a configuration management tool;
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on both Linux and Windows environments;
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or related tools;
- 5+ years experience in a similar role;
- Experience with visualization tools to construct visual dashboards to reflect various trading-related metrics;
- Experience with application monitoring services and corresponding application-health notification tooling;
- Experience with application log-parsing tools and server-side data processing; Experience with version control tools like Git, and corresponding code-repository services such as Gitlab;
- Experience developing a CI pipeline to expedite the development and ensure code quality via automated builds and automated tests;
- Must be capable of communicating in English; and
- Must be comfortable working remotely.
- Experience with containerization and job scheduling technologies;
- Experience with packaging and deployment on Linux (RPMs, environment modules); and
- A willingness to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand after six months of employment is a plus.
Abilities & Skills
- IT acumen related to managing and deploying applications on both Linux and Windows environments;
- Experience creating and operating a CD/CI pipeline;
- Experience administering both SQL-based and NoSQL databases;
- Ability to form innovative solutions to dev-ops related problems with scalability and maintainability in mind;
- Experience making dev-ops decisions as it related to budgeting, and working (and advising on) financial constraints; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.