Middle Office Administrator
Varys Capital is primarily a quantitative trading firm focused on market-neutral strategies via an HFT (high-frequency trading) desk. The fund trades through all prominent tier 1 digital asset exchanges and is advancing towards being a dominant contributor to global trading volume through its multi-strategy product, VARDFI.
Additionally, with a distinguished and high-performing portfolio, Varys Capital has an extensive track record in blockchain-related venture investments through its equity-focused fund, VARVCF SP1, with a mandate directed towards infrastructure, Web3/GameFi, DeFi primitives, and emerging verticals.
The team is segmented between markets such as New York City, the EU region, Bangkok, and more, offering global coverage and unparalleled deal flow.
The firm seeks a competent, detail-orientated, financially-minded individual to service its middle office needs. The role is unique in that the MOA (Middle Office Administrator) will be afforded the ability to act as a trade support agent and perform high-level venture investment due diligence across two products (VARDFI and VARVCF SP1).
- Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written);
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant disciplines;
- At least four (4) years of Middle Office experience within investment banks, prime brokerages, or trading firms;
- Well-versed with end-to-end trade lifecycles management such as trade capturing, trade allocation, settlements, reconciliation, and asset (NAV) settlement;
- Strong product/instrument knowledge in digital asset derivatives, spot pair trading, etc.;
- Understand risk parameters relating to options; and
- Experienced with Excel and Google interfaces.
- Trading experience is a plus (but not required); and
- Having a financial designation or license isn’t necessary but is a plus.
Role & Responsibilities
- Trade handling across the quantitative trading desk, including trade capture/allocation, trade booking, trade enrichment, and trade validation;
- Handling trader requests and trade exception clearance;
- Support trade capture management and activity, settlement query resolution, and liaising with the desk and management to resolve any issues;
- Reporting and identifying operational trading risk;
- Act as an intermediary in the asset transference chain serving as a compliance controller;
- Contribute to the development of new techniques for the trade life cycle, improve processes and workflows; and
- Oversee and provide oversight relating to client onboarding, ensuring accounts are compliant.
- Performing financial modeling, valuation analysis, and feasibility studies (e.g., deep metric assessment, quantitative and qualitative modeling, economic evaluations, etc.) on the final leg of due diligence relating to venture investments;
- Liaise with the legal team to review investment instruments and documents (SAFE/SAFT/Term Sheet);
- Liaise with the firm's tech analysts who conduct tech appraisals, offering detailed accounting of the final report;
- Conduct venture investment operational due diligence; and
- Track investments while providing exposure and performance reports, acting as an intermediary between front office staff and management.