Thailand is now the second-fastest-growing nation in terms of DeFi utility. Varys Capital is a driving force in the community and seeks to position itself as a reputable source for information, education, and training to the ever-growing population of digital asset users.
The DeFi Strategist role requires a high degree of technicals skills, financial modeling abilities, deep understanding of blockchain technology, liquidity provider/liquidity pool mechanics/mechanisms, a familiarization and working knowledge of various staking platforms such as Aave, Balancer, Curve, dYdX, BlockFi, Nexo to name a few. Significant effort will be spent identifying, evaluating, attracting, and retaining relationships with various strategic partners, platforms, and founders. The strategist must live and breathe the crypto and DeFi ecosystem.
The team member would constantly source various yield farming/staking opportunities, negotiate deals with projects concerning liquidity provisions, perform analysis, financial modeling, and finally monitor the performance of the overall mining portfolio.
- Must be masterful with the use of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Must have deep comprehensive knowledge of the blockchain space, DeFi, and crypto with an ability to think analytically and strategically about DeFi product features to uniquely position the firm in the market;
- Must have a finance degree;
- Must have 3+ years working within the field of finance or banking;
- Must be proficient in financial modeling, forecasting, valuations, and technical reporting;
- Knowledge of and experience with various project management disciplines is expected;
- Understanding of token economics, governance, different players in the ecosystem and their objectives;
- General understanding of DeFi landscape across multiple chains;
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills; and
- Ability to complete tasks on time in a detailed manner.
- M&A, venture capital, or trading experience is a plus;
- Having a financial designation or license isn’t necessary but is a plus
- Basic coding skills and ability to pull blockchain data is a big plus, though not required.
Role & Responsibilities
- Scout and source mining/yield farming opportunities, performing deep due diligence and financial modeling for all prospective investments;
- Establish key strategic partnerships (Liquidity Providers, Market Makers, etc.) and negotiate terms when applicable;
- Reconcile staked/mining assets, prepare financial and operational summaries, and respective earnings to be compiled in regular reports for the Executive Management (daily, weekly and monthly);
- Monitor liquidity performance and understand risk analysis;
- Disseminating news through various mediums to stay abreast of up and coming opportunities;
- Liaising with the fund administrator to ensure data is reconciled as well as working with members from the Quantitative department in regards to strategy;
- Work closely with developers to improve reporting practices, creating greater efficiencies; and
- Utilize company interfaces and repositories to maintain secure records.