Varys Capital is now in the midst of a hyper-growth phase and is seeking a qualified, agile, and motivated Business Developer that strikes a balance between a Thai national and near-native English speaker as communication across various departments is crucial.
The Business Development role carries great responsibility and requires a special skill set. You will be interacting with a diverse group of existing and prospective investors, assisting them with navigating the digital asset landscape in a seamlessly professional manner, traveling the world, rubbing shoulders with thought leaders, and driving the growth of the company on the highest level. This is a face-paced environment but one where work-life balance matters to senior management.
The position is front-facing, meaning that you will be interacting in-person regularly with clients to educate them on the basics, and eventually the higher-level intricacies of the firm’s offerings. You must be energetic, personable, good with words, and a skilled orator. You must be presentable, commanding, and possessing grit and heart. This is the Varys way as you’d be entering a work culture that values growth potential and results.
- Must be proficient with the use of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Must be capable of speaking and writing in Thai (native speaker preferable);
- Must have some level of business intelligence and be comfortable with financial statements;
- Must be somewhat proficient in blockchain technology and be capable of explaining general topics clearly and concisely;
- Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable with a front-facing role;
- Proficient with MS Office;
- Must have at least 3+ years in sales;
- Must be able to build rapport with class and skill; and
- Must possess a willingness and hunger to constantly self-educate and advance your industry knowledge base.
- Experience with financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, valuations, and technical reporting is a plus;
- Working experience in the field of investor relations, public relations, and/or marketing is a plus;
- M&A, venture capital, or trading experience is a plus;
- Having a finance degree isn't necessary but is a plus; and
- Having a financial designation or license isn’t necessary but is a plus.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist new investors with the investment onboarding process when making subscriptions to the fund (e.g. explaining and assisting with the execution of documents; the gathering of required subscription forms, and coordination of add-on investments);
- Explain the fund’s investment thesis, strategies, performance, and the greater benefits of digital asset exposure in a competent manner instilling confidence in clients;
- Work in tandem with the Head of Capital Formation and upper management to build and maintain relationships with the fund’s existing and prospective investor base;
- Assist prospective and existing investors with the basics of cryptocurrency management (e.g. buying/selling tokens, fiat on/off ramps, exchange setup, hardware wallets, and more);
- Assist in the creation of educational collateral that clearly communicates Varys’ value proposition, the unique strategies we utilize, and our different investment verticals;
- Assist in the expansion of our institutional client base (domestic and international);
- Assist management in walking investors through performance and position reports;
- Attend events, seminars, and blockchain/financial networking events to further the agenda of the firm; and
- Constantly seek feedback to improve client-related processes and overall satisfaction levels.